ComfortNetTM CTK04 Communicating Control
> MODULATING FURNACE / VARIABLE SPEED ECM BLOWER
> 2-STAGE FURNACE / VARIABLE SPEED ECM BLOWER
> AIR HANDLER / VARIABLE SPEED ECM BLOWER
> INVERTER AIR CONDITIONERS & HEAT PUMPS
> 2-STAGE AIR CONDITIONERS & HEAT PUMPS
> SINGLE-STAGE AIR CONDITIONERS (FURNACE ONLY)
Use with residential or light commercial applications
For easy comfort and control. Check below for the great features of the CTK04
Easy to install and customize
CTK04 is easy to install and include in your lifestyle. Monitor and customize with the Honeywell Total Connect Comfort App and Residential Internet Gateway to remotely monitor and manage your heating and cooling system – at anytime, from anywhere.
“The easy navigation made it simple to use.”
“The smart scheduling feature allowed me to
program the thermostat into my lifestyle.”
“I was able to install this
very easily for my customer”
Smart scheduling feature
programmable to any lifestyle
Heat and cool cycle rate adjustment
User interaction log provides a searchable history of setting changes
Energy management recovery
Advanced staging control
Keypad lockout options
The CTK04 works with the following Honeywell RedlinkTM Accessories
*Go to https://www.forwardthinking.honeywell.com/products/thermostats/thermostat_products.html for details on the full suite of Honeywell RedLINK products.
For easy comfort and control from anywhere with an internet connection in your home or business. The CTK04 High-Definition Thermostat is simply made smart. The USB download below is an executable file.
Connect the RedLINK Internet Gateway to the CTK04 control to build your wireless system through Honeywell's free Total Connect Comfort Services website. Once registered, you have the ability to customize your system and alert settings, download free mobile apps and more through the Honeywell Total comfort Connect portal.
1. Can ComfortNet™ communicating controls be used only with communicating indoor and outdoor equipment?
In most cases the communicating control will be matched-up with communicating compatible equipment. However, a single stage air conditioner can be connected to the furnace control board.
2. Will communicating controls be utilized only for systems with indoor units equipped with electrically commutated
motor (ECM) units?
Yes, the extensive variety of speeds available with the ECM makes it exceptionally compatible for use the ComfortNet communicating control system.
3. In the future will all units, except basic or standard efficiency models, include communicating control boards?
At this time only the indoor units with a full feature ECM and outdoor premium two-stage and inverter based models will include ComfortNet communicating controls.
4. How are the outdoor temperatures captured when the system is configured for a duel fuel system?
• An outdoor temperature sensor is included standard on all communicating compatible outdoor units.
• Additional outdoor temperature and sensor options are available.
5. What are the benefits of the ComfortNet communicating control for the homeowner?
• Simplified wiring ensures that the homeowner is going to get an HVAC system that is properly connected.
• Easy configuration provides the homeowner with the most effective and efficient installation setup.
• Advanced diagnostic capabilities will allow technicians to diagnose the equipment faster and with more accuracy.
6. Will the ECM used with the ComfortNet models stand up to a lightning strike?
No electronic control can stand up to a lightning strike but the motors used with the ComfortNet compatible products feature a 6 kV resistance to lightning strikes. This is up to three times better than some competitive models.
7. Are there zoning compatible systems?
• By being able to easily integrate traditional (legacy) wiring into the units, most over-the-counter zoning systems are
compatible with the communicating control arrangement.
• There are third party supplier options available through EWC which mate directly with the communicating system and
control. Check with your installing contractor for more details.
8. Will ComfortNet controls receive the same limited warranty coverage as the Goodman/Amana brand equipment?
ComfortNet models feature limited warranties. Contact your installing contractor for details.
9. Is there a way to identify my dealer if servicing is required?
There is a USB port on the bottom of the control which allows for dealer information to be included on the display. This information can be accessed through the menus and will be displayed when an equipment fault is present.
10. Does the ComfortNet control offer anticipated temperature recovery option?
Yes. The ComfortNet’s Energy Management Recovery achieves this function. When selected the thermostat will begin heating or cooling early to have the building temperature reach the program set-point at the program period start time.
11. Can customers change the continuous fan speed at the control (thermostat)?
Yes, the customer can choose from multiple continuous fan speeds.
12. Does the communicating control manage modulating furnace operation differently than a
Yes, a special algorithm is built into the control providing demand based operation of the modulating products.
13. Will there be Wi-Fi features built into the controls?
The CTK04 control features an internet gateway which can be connected to the ComfortNet products and additional Honeywell thermostats featuring the RedLINK wireless gateway.
14. How does the thermostat know when the filter needs to be changed?
There is a user programmable timer which can be set on the thermostat as a reminder for various replacement-based products.
ClimateTalkTM is a digital communication standard designed specifically for residential applications enabling plug and play connectivity and interoperability of the home heating and cooling system. Alliance members define the ClimateTalk Information Model providing a common language for smart devices without innovation boundaries. All ComfortNet indoor and outdoor controls and thermostats are designed using the ClimateTalk open standard providing advanced, yet simple, system-wide communication, diagnostics and expandability.
Our continuing commitment to quality products may mean a change in specifications without notice.
© 2015 • Houston, TX • USA
© 2015 Copyright. All Rights Reserved. ComfortNetTM